Discover the easiest capsicum egg paratha recipe to satisfy nagging mid-day hunger. Learn how to make protein-rich healthy and delicious egg paratha at home. Stuffed egg paratha recipe is kids’ favourite.
Spicy Egg Paratha Recipe – Anda Paratha!
Getting the paratha is tough for beginners! Here, I have a simple way of getting a paratha on to your plate without the hassle of pressing with the stuff in the dough ball. Parathas are my family’s favourite. Egg parantha is one of them! So here is a simple recipe for spicy egg paratha.
Very simple and tasty capsicum egg parantha tastes the best as it is without any accompaniment. But still if your kids insist they want ketchup, serve it along with some ketchup.
step by step easy to make capsicum egg paratha recipe below:
- For the dough:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt as per taste
- Oil/ ghee for frying parathas
- For the stuffing:
- Eggs – 2
- Finely chopped capsicum (medium) – 1
- Finely chopped onion (medium) – 1
- Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Take the wheat flour in a mixing bowl and knead the dough. The dough for parathas should be kneaded little harder than the dough for normal chapathis. Keep aside for 30 min.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add finely chopped onion, capsicum, coriander. Mix well.
- To this, add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Keep aside for 10 min.
- The salt added will ooze some water out of the veggies. Now add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Roll a roti neither too thick nor too thin.
- Heat a griddle. Coat with oil.
- Turn the flame to low and place a roti on the griddle.
- Now, slowly pour the mixture of egg on to the middle of the roti.
- Lift one side of the roti and fold the roti into half and the press the edges gently with fingers.
- Be careful as the griddle is hot.
- Even if you don’t press the parantha won’t get separated as we added which acts as a binding.
- Cook on both sides till crisp with sufficient oil.
- Cut the parantha horizontally and cook by holding the parantha with open edges facing the flame.
- Transfer on to a serving plate.