Flaxseed ragi roti is highly nutritious and easy to make recipe. Indian flat bread is enriched with finger millet and flaxseed. Learn how to make easy flaxseed ragi roti recipe.
An excellent source of calcium and fiber, ragi is the wonder cereal packed with nutrients. Flaxseed is a good source of dietary fiber rich in omega-3 fatty acids. I try to integrate these two nutritious ingredients to anything that I cook.
Flaxseed Ragi Roti – A Wholesome Meal:
Last night for dinner, I tried a different recipe. Ragi is something that I generally add to the flour while making rotis. But I tried flaxseed meal also along with ragi yesterday. Flaxseed ragi roti – A wholesome meal with the proper balance of cereals, proteins, minerals and antioxidants too. Here it is!
Serve these warm rotis with any curry of your choice or curd. Flaxseed ragi roti is not only yummy but also a diabetic friendly recipe. Enjoy traditional food in a modern way.
step by step flaxseed ragi roti recipe or finger millet faxseed enriched flat bread:
- Wheat flour/ multigrain atta – 2 cups
- Ragi flour /Finger Millet flour – 1 cup
- Flaxseed meal / Ground flaxseeds – 1 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Warm water – sufficient to knead the dough
- Azwain – 1 tsp
- Oil-to roast rotis
- Mix all the ingredients except water in a large bowl.
- Mix well by slowly adding water and knead into soft smooth dough.
- Set it aside for an hour.
- Then divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll out rotis.
- Cook with little oil on both sides till golden brown.