Kadai paneer recipe is simple and easy to make paneer dish at home. True to its name, this kadai paneer recipe is made in a kadai (Indian cookware). Though Kadai paneer gravy recipe curry is popular with restaurants, I like to try other versions too.
Simple Kadai Paneer Recipe
Paneer makes the important ingredient of Indian diet. Soft paneer cubes dipped in mouth watering masala compliments your rotis to the fullest. Try out this simple kadai paneer recipe which uses minimal oil.
If you are looking for kadai paneer recipe restaurant style and found this how to make kadai paneer recipe, then don’t get confused. Freshly pounded spices and the ambience makes the difference.
Relish this yummy kadai paneer with rotis or naans.
step by step how to make kadai paneer at home or kadai paneer gravy recipe:
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 8 Red chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Vegetables and other ingredients:
- 2 medium sized onions sliced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 slit green chillies
- 2 Capsicum diced
- 1 Medium Onions cubed
- 200 gm of Paneer
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream
- Handful of finely chopped coriander
- In a non-stick pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bayleaf, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and red chillies.
- Fry till aromatic.
- Add sliced onions and keep stirring. Cook for a min.
- Add tomatoes and cook. Add salt and cover the lid.
- We are trying to [b]use as less oil as possible[/b]. But if you think that the onions might get burnt, you can add 1 tsp oil.
- Once the tomatoes become soft and tender, turn off the flame.
- Let it cool and blend to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan, add butter or oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
- Add the slit green chillies.
- Add the cubed onions and diced capsicum and sauté.
- Add little salt and toss the ingredients.
- Now add the blended paste and stir well.
- Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Check the seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add cubed paneer and mix well.
- Let the paneer cook in the masala for 5 mins with the lid closed.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and turn off the flame.