Easy palak poori recipe step by step preparation. Palak poori is one of the healthy choices when you are left with no other option except to make pooris. Many of us love pooris but would not want to eat them as they are deep-fried in excess oil.
These days, most of us have become conscious of our diet and are very particular when it comes to consuming oily foods.
Make Palak Poori & Strike A Balance:
On the contrary, children love fried foods. May it be pooris or pakoras or potato chips! They just love them. It is a big challenge for a mother to strike a balance between taste and nutrition!
Whenever I make pooris, I try to convince my husband by saying that apart from oil the breakfast on that day contains enough nutritive value that will overweigh the negative effect. This palak poori recipe is one of my efforts to convince my diet-conscious husband. Though he is not fully convinced with what I said, he said he loved the taste!
Easy Palak Poori Recipe:
Serve the hot puffed up pooris with any curry of your choice. May it be aloo kurma, or chole masala or a simple homemade dal. These palak pooris taste the yummiest with any side dish.
Step by step palak poori recipe below:
Palak Poori – Spinach Puri Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 8-10 puris
Palak Poori is a delicious and kid-friendly healthy recipe.
- Palak puree – ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil for mixing dough – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying pooris
- In a mixing bowl, take the wheat flour. Add salt and mix well. To this add the palak puree and mix well.
- Knead the dough well by adding water if required. In the end, add oil and cover it with a damp cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Press the puris and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan till hot. A small lump of the dough should rise immediately. At this point of time, drop the poori into the oil slowly.
- Fry on one side. Take a spatula and press the poori gently on the top till it puffs up. Flip around to the other side.
- Take out the poori once the other side of the poori is also fried.
- Repeat the same with the other pooris.
* Try to knead the dough using only palak puree. Add water only if needed. The water in the palak puree should be enough to knead the dough.
** Make sure the oil is very hot to fry pooris.