Beetroot stir fry is a simple, healthy and lightly cooked curry under 15 minutes. Beetroot stir fry with sambar and rice is my favourite combination.
Beetroot Stir Fry – Super Food Recipe!
Here is one more beetroot recipe for you.
Rich in phytonutrients called betalains, beetroot provides many clinical features like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxification benefits.
Beetroot haters out there will also love this amazing beetroot stir fry recipe. Packed with several nutrients, beetroot is one vegetable everyone wants to add to their diet but avoid in only because of the colour.
Some don’t like the sweetness that beetroot has while some can’t just take the colour. Beetroot is a wonder vegetable. But sadly, my son hates it. So I keep experimenting with this veggie as per his taste. I felt awesome when he said he liked this beetroot stir fry.
Serve this beetroot stir fry with steaming hot rice or roti. This beetroot stir fry serves as an accomplishment to any dal or sambar.
step by step beetroot stir fry recipe below:
- Beetroot chopped into cubes – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted groundnuts – 2 tbsp
- Roasted sesame – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – pinch
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few sprigs
- Salt as per taste
- Wash the beetroot thoroughly. Cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Turn on the flame and heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add the cumin and mustard seeds. Once they splutter add the curry leaves and turmeric.
- Now, add the chopped beetroot. Keep stirring intermittently. Cook with the lid closed.
- After 5 minutes, add salt and toss well.
- Keep cooking till the beetroot is cooked.
- While beetroot is getting cooked, coarsely ground roasted sesame and roasted sesame together.
- Once the beetroot becomes soft, add red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Now add the ground powder of roasted sesame seeds and the groundnuts.
- Toss well till the beetroot is covered with the mixture.
- Cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes before turning the flame off.
** The crunchiness of the beetroot can be felt under the teeth when cooked directly.
*** Try this recipe as per your convenience and taste.