Rajma sweet corn vada will definitely tickle your taste buds. This easy and healthy snack pack will keep your kids happy. Learn how to make rajma sweet corn vadas or patties.
Rajma Sweet Corn Vada – Healthy Pack-And-Go Snack!
Rajma sweet corn vada recipe started off as a test recipe to incorporate the love for rajma in my son. There are a few food items that my son would resist eating. The list goes beetroot, rajma, French beans and so on!!!
I definitely keep experimenting with these foods to make sure that my son somehow gets to eat them at the end of the day!
Corn vada or patty is a regular snack that I make at home. I generally use rice flour for binding in that recipe. Later, I thought rajma could be used to substitute rice flour. I tried adding cooked and mashed rajma instead of the rice flour. I never used to take a proper measurement of rice flour as it is just for binding and too much of rice flour would make the vadas hard. But here, in this rajma sweet corn vada, the ratio of rajma is just equal to the corn. To my surprise, my son loved it and wanted it for snack to school the next day!!
So that is how this rajma sweet corn vada recipe became a regular snack at our home and here is the recipe for you!
Rajma Sweet Corn Vada Recipe – A Must Try, Yummy!
So try these yummy and healthy rajma sweet corn vada or patties and give me your feedback!!
Rajma sweet corn vada is a healthy and tasty option that can be packed in your child’s lunch boxes. Wrap them in an aluminium foil to keep them fresh. Serve alongside imli chutney or tomato ketchup.
step by step rajma sweet corn vada recipe card below:
- Corn – 1 cup
- Rajma – 1 cup
- Spring onion chopped – ½ cup
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil for cooking
- Soak rajma overnight. Pressure cook till soft by adding enough water and some salt.
- Store the stock of the rajma in the refrigerator. It can be used in any other recipe.
- Mash the rajma to make a paste of it or you can blend in a blender too.
- Blend the corn to a coarse paste and mix it to the rajma paste.
- To this, add all the remaining ingredients – salt, ginger garlic paste, cumin, chopped spring onion and coriander and mix well and make into a thick mixture.
- Now make small lemon sized balls out of the mixture.
- Press each ball on your palm to make a flat round patty. Roll it on a flat surface to make edges even.
- These patties can be deep fried in oil or shallow fried with little oil on a griddle.
** If the mixture gets thin, make it thicker by adding little corn flour.
Take a Look at Few Healthy Snacks Recipes:
There are few more yummy and nutritious snacks recipes – Beetroot patties recipe, Andhra punugulu recipe, Pesara garelu recipe, Vaamu aaku bajji recipe, Onion pakoras recipe and Bobbarla punugulu recipe.