Easy to make egg masala recipe. I bet you’ll definitely love this masala flavour of egg masala gravy curry recipe.
I Love Eggs:
Egg in any form is special and nutrient-rich. Yes, I’m serious. Eggs give a unique taste and complement any gravy.
Generally when guests are around, and if I find the guests to be vegetarians with an exception to eggs, I grab the opportunity to flaunt my cookery skills with this curry as its gravy goes well with any flavoured rice.
Moreover, egg recipes also serve as an excellent side dish with roti or rice. It is definitely an add-on to your menu when guests are around.
How to Make Egg Masala Recipe Curry:
I keep experimenting with eggs in several ways. May it be a simple onion-egg curry or tomato-egg, eggs always hold a special place in our daily diet. I will keep posting the different egg recipes I have, but as for now, take a look at an easy recipe of egg masala.
This easy to cook masala egg is less spicy and is thus a kid-friendly variation of spicy egg masala recipe. Whenever I cook egg masala gravy, my son says, “Yummy! simply out of the world.”
step by step egg masala recipe or egg masala gravy curry:
Kid-friendly variation of spicy egg masala recipe.
Egg Masala Recipe
Recipe Type: Side dish
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- Fried Eggs – 6
- Onion chopped – 2 medium
- Tomato chopped – 2 medium
- Roasted peanuts – 1 ½ tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 ½ tbsp
- Poppy seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Tamarind paste – ½ tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1½ tsp
- Dry roast sesame, poppy, peanuts separately and let them cool. Grind these ingredients along with tomato to a smooth paste.
- Take oil in a deep pan. Add cumin, chopped garlic, green chillies and sauté till nice aroma. Add curry leaves.
- Add onions and sauté for 2 min. Add turmeric also. Once the onions are done, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
- To this, add the ground paste and mix well. Add enough water and cook while stirring occasionally on a low flame for about 10-15 mins or till oil separates.
- Add tamarind paste, red chilli powder, salt and mix. Also, add the eggs with vertical slits. If needed add some more water and simmer on a low flame for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle garam masala and mix before you turn off the flame. Garnish with coriander.
* Don’t fry eggs instead roast them on a slow fire.
** A homemade ginger garlic paste enhances the aroma of egg masala curry. The fresher the better, no doubt!
Take a Look at Few More Insanely Delicious Side Dish Recipes:
You might also love to check these side dish recipes:- Pumpkin Curry – Gummadikaya Koora, Spring Onion Bottle Gourd Tangy Gravy recipe, Shimla mirch ka salan recipe, Punjabi chole masala recipe and Aloo Kurma recipe.