Seviyan ka halwa also known as semiya kesari is one of most my favourite dessert. It is an easy sweet recipe that can be prepared instantly when you have sudden guests at home. Best of all, it can be made as an evening snack for kids too.
Seviyan Ka Halwa Recipe:
semiya kesari or seviyan ka halwa or vermicelli kesari is a very common savory that is cooked in every household. Moreover, this sweet preparation is served in many weddings as it is simple to make and tastes awesome. And the best part of this semiya kesari recipe is that it takes very less quantity of ghee and sugar unlike other sweets.
Vermicelli halwa can best be served as an evening snack for the children alongside some milk. Seviyan ka halwa or semiya kesari is an easy recipe that can be prepared instantly when you have sudden guests.
How to Make Semiya Kesari:
Learn how to make seviyan ka halwa. The chief ingredient in making of semiya kesari is roasted vermicelli / seviya / semiya. Discover easy to make seviyan ka halwa recipe with step by step instructions:
step by step seviyan ka halwa recipe or semiya kesari or vermicelli kesari recipe:
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Crushed cardamom - 2
- Cashews – 12
- Raisins – 12
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat the ghee till it melts.
- Fry the cashews and raisins till golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add vermicelli. Roast till golden brown.
- Now add the sugar and the crushed cardamom and mix well.
- Keep stirring till the sugar and the vermicelli are mixed evenly.
- Cook for 5 min.
- In the meanwhile, Boil 1 ½ cups of water in a separate bowl.
- Add the boiling water to the vermicelli and mix well.
- Cook till the water is absorbed by the vermicelli with occasional stirring.
- Now close the lid and cook for 5 min.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and raisins and serve hot.
** If you do not want to add sugar directly to the vermicelli, add it once the vermicelli is cooked with boiling water.