Rava kesari recipe is a popular south Indian dessert made with rava aka semolina or sooji. Learn how to make rava kesari in easy steps.
Sooji Ka Halwa Vs Rava Kesari Recipe:
Rava means sooji or semolina. It is a traditional Indian sweet and given as ‘Prasad’ in temples of south India. It is little different from sooji ka halwa of the north India.
As a child, I used to go to temple only to receive the Prasad on special days. Later, as I grew up, I learnt to cook this delicious mouth watering rava kesari recipe from my mother at a very young age. Each spoonful is a sure heavenly bliss.
A Sweet Excuse!
Rava kesari is one of the easiest and delicious south Indian sweet recipes. Need an excuse to make sweet? No right? Try it out and do share your thoughts. Here are the few quick and simple steps to cook rava kesari (రవ్వ కేసరి).
step by step rava kesari recipe:
- Rava / semolina/ sooji – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Raisins – 10
- Saffron – few strands soaked in 1 tbsp of milk
- Take a pan and add one tbsp of ghee and roast the cashew and the raisins separately and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp of ghee and roast the semolina till puffed up with continuous stirring. Make sure the colour of the rava is not changed. Keep aside.
- Take water in the same pan and bring to boil. Add the sugar and stir continuously until dissolved. Add the rava slowly with continuous stirring without forming lumps. Lower the flame and cook with the lid closed.
- Once the rava is cooked, add the saffron soaked in the milk. Also, add the remaining ghee, roasted cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well and serve hot or warm.