Soya granules biryani – Best suits your child’s lunch box needs. Tasty and nutritious at the same time, this soya granules biryani will be your child’s favourite and easy to cook for you.
Mornings are the toughest part of any day for working parents. Sending the kids off to school and getting ready to offices is hectic. One can witness what multitasking exactly looks like in any household.
Cooking becomes a nightmare for many. I am one of those mothers who would love to pack something nutritious in no time.
Soya Granules / Meal Maker – A Popular Vegetarian Meat Substitute
Soya (in the form of chunks and granules) is used an alternative of meat for vegetarians. Very rich in protein and other minerals like iron, soya is preferred by many vegetarians. It is used in several dishes and biryani. Mothers would love to add it to their children’s diet in order to meet their dietary needs.
This easy to cook soya granules biryani is a one pot meal. Pack it in your lunch box and savour with raitha or salad of your choice. Delicious, Nutritious and 100% Vegetarian!
Here is a simple soya granules biryani recipe that can be packed for lunch boxes.
step by step soya granules biryani or meal maker biryani recipe:
- Rice – 1 ½ cup
- Soya granules – 1 cup
- Cloves – 6
- Cardamom – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 inch long piece
- Shahi jeera – 1 tsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 1 cup
- Slit Green chillies – 2
- Sliced Onions – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chopped mint – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Place the soya granules in a sieve and wash under running water. The granules are very small and can be washed away if you use a colander with big holes.
- Add the soya granules to hot water and close the lid tightly. Keep aside for an hour.
- After an hour, drain the water from the soy granules and squeeze the excess water from the granules and place in a mixing bowl.
- To the soya granules, add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Slowly add all the ingredients: ginger garlic paste, curd, whole spices, tomato paste, onions, green chillies, chopped mint and coriander. Mix well. Once, it is mixed well, also add oil and mix. Keep aside atleast for an hour or it can be stored in the refrigerator and used whenever needed.
- Boil water in a deep bottomed vessel. Once the water starts boiling, add the raw rice, salt and simmer. Cook the rice till it is half done.
- Drain the water.
- Grease the bottom of a pressure cooker with little ghee or butter. Add the marinated soya granules and level it. On the top, add little chopped coriander and place the cooked rice on it. Add some more chopped coriander and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook on medium to low flame till 1 whistle and turn off the flame.
- Keep aside for half an hour. Once all the steam from the pressure cooker is cooled, slowly open the lid.
- Serve hot with raitha of your choice.
** Soya granules will not ooze water as chicken does. The water from the tomato paste and the curd will keep your soya granules wet.