Sweet corn pulao is a one pot meal which is enriched with the sweetness of the sweet corn and carrot and the flavour of mint. The aroma of this pulao will pamper your taste buds and will leave you longing for this sweet corn pulao.
Sweet Corn Pulao – Fast, Fun Lunch Box Recipe:
Sweet corn pulao makes a perfect filling lunch box recipe for both kids and adults alike. This is what I’ve been looking for. I strongly believe that fancy and fun doesn’t have to cost a ton. As a homemaker, we can agree on that at least!
What are you waiting for? Here’s an easy and quick recipe for sweet corn pulao. Eat this crunchy sweet corn pulao with any curry, raitha or plain. It tastes amazing!!!
step by step sweet corn pulao recipe below:
- Sweet Corn – ½ cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Diced Carrots – 4
- Slit Green chillies – 5
- Onions – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Ghee or oil – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 5
- Cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Shahi jeera – 1 tsp
- Chopped mint – 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice for 1 hr and drain the water and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and heat it.
- Add all the dry spices, and fry till nice aroma.
- Then add onions and green chillies and sauté for some time.
- Add ginger garlic paste once the onions are slightly cooked.
- Cook till the raw flavour of the ginger garlic paste is gone and add diced carrots, sweet corn, mint and sauté for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water to this and bring to a boil. Add salt when the water begins to boil.
- Also add rice and stir. Bring to boil and close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till one whistle.
- Serve hot with raitha, chicken curry or any curry of your choice.
** I generally use ghee for any type of pulao for the aroma, but oil can also be used.
*** While cooking in the pressure cooker, the flame should be medium. If not you may burn the pulao.