Palli podi recipe is easy to make and goes well with all breakfast items. It tastes heavenly with hot rice and ghee. Peanut powder recipe is quite simple, delicious and considered to be a rich source of protein.
How to Make Palli Podi Recipe:
As said, this palli podi tastes heavenly with steaming hot rice and ghee. It is also used as a compliment to idli, dosa and upma. I personally love this palli podi (పల్లి పొడి) with jowar ka roti with little oil added to this powder.
Sprinkle a teaspoon of palli podi on your dosa and spread it while roasting dosa. Roast till golden brown and it tastes yum. You would not need anything else as an accompaniment to this and can eat it as such…crisp and crunchy…!
Here’s a step by step procedure to make palli podi Andhra style:
- Peanuts – 1 cup
- Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tsp
- Red chillies – 10
- Garlic cloves – 6
- Salt as per taste
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately on a slow flame.
- While roasting, keep stirring intermittently so as not to burn them at the bottom.
- Let all the ingredients cool down.
- Take salt, coriander, cumin and red chillies into the jar and blend to a coarse powder.
- Now add peanuts and sesame seeds and blend well.
- Once the peanuts are coarsely ground, add the garlic cloves and blend.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and use when needed.
** Red chillies can be increased or decreased as per your taste.