The quick paneer butter masala recipe पनीर बटर मसाला is different from the regular version. I love onions and garlic and a recipe without onions and garlic is tough but definitely doable. Even without onion, this paneer butter masala tastes great.
Here’s a step by step instructional recipe card to make restaurant style quick paneer butter masala without onions.
I Love Paneer Butter Masala:
I hope there will be no one who will not love paneer butter masala. This tasty Punjabi dish serves the best with any flavoured rice or roti. I always loved this dish and cook it very often. The problem here is the time that is needed for cooking.
As I mentioned earlier and I always keep looking for shortcut cooking methods without compromising on taste. So here is a recipe which will be ready in no time.
Quick Paneer Butter Masala Recipe:
This is a quick recipe that I try when I am in a hurry. It best serves the purpose of working women and even bachelors who are new to cooking and want to try their hand in cooking. Simple and tasty with minimal ingredients, this quick paneer butter masala recipe is my favourite anytime. This is to remind you that I prefer using Homemade paneer.
Paneer Butter Masala is a traditional Punjabi dish with succulent paneer cooked in silky tomato gravy and butter. It’s creamy and delicious gravy goes well with any kind of flavoured rice or roti.
step by step recipe to make quick paneer butter masala without onions:
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Crushed kasoori methi – ½ tbsp
- Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – 200 grams
- Sugar / honey – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato puree – 5 tsp
- Heat a thick bottomed pan. Add butter and let it melt. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
- Lower the flame. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add the tomato puree and mix well. Also add salt and water and let it boil till the oil seperates. Cook with the lid closed. Now add crushed kasoori methi.
- Add paneer cubes, honey, tomato ketchup and mix well. Lower the flame and cook with the lid closed.
- Turn off the flame and add fresh cream and mix well.
** It is better you use fresh paneer. I prefer using Homemade paneer. If it is not possible to make at home, try buying the paneer when you need it instead of stacking it in the fridge. You can visit my earlier post for the recipe of homemade paneer here.
*** I would say kasoori methi or dried fenugreek is the key ingredient of paneer butter masala. so do use it liberally.
**** Cashew, onions and other ingredients are avoided as this is a quick version. I bet that the taste would be the same and you will love this recipe.
***** I have several other recipes for the same paneer butter masala dish. I will post them later in my blog.