Crispy onion rings recipe – An easy homemade snack for your kids. Learn to make deep fried onion rings. Isn’t it a quick and easy snack for your little ones?
An easy snack for your kids is what you look forward!! Isn’t it? The children love crispy and fried foods a lot! Here is a quick and easy snack for your little ones!
Crispy Fried Onion Rings:
Serve this onion rings hot with some tomato ketchup alongside. They can be eaten as such as they already contain sufficient salt and chilli powder in it.
step by step fried onion rings recipe below:
- One big onion sliced into rings
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Gram flour – ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, sieve the corn flour and gram flour together.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Add water and make a thick batter that will cover the onion rings.
- In a frying pan, heat oil sufficient for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, check for the correct temperature by dropping a small drop of batter into the oil. If the droplet rises immediately, that means the oil is hot enough to start cooking. If the droplet rises immediately and starts turning brown immediately, then u have to reduce the flame and wait till the temperature of the oil is reduced.
- Start dipping the rings of onions and lift so that the rings are covered with the batter. Drop these battered rings into the hot oil.
- Fry till golden brown on a medium flame.
- Transfer on to a kitchen tissue to absorb extra oil.
** Corn flour can be replaced with rice flour too. They vary in taste but taste good. Try both of them and decide which best suits your taste buds.
*** The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
Take a Look at Few Healthy Afterschool Snack Recipes:
You might also love to check these yummy and nutritious after-school snack recipes:- Crispy Andhra Punugulu Recipe,
Beetroot Patties Recipe, Bobbarla Punugulu Recipe, Vaamu Aaku Bajji, Classic Indian Onion Pakoras and Mixed Vegetable Grilled Sandwich Recipe.