Aloo gobi recipe is a classic Punjabi dish. It’s a regular subzi often made in different variations such as a aloo gobi dhaba style or aloo gobi restaurant style etc. This delicious combination of aloo gobi masala gravy is easy to make irrespective of its nature – dry or gravy.
Aloo gobi is a simple north Indian vegetable dish with the main course. It’s a good source of dietary fiber. If you are health conscious then you would be elated to know that food items with high fiber help in lowering cholesterol levels.
Aloo Gobi Recipe Restaurant Style:
If you want to make restaurant style aloo gobi curry, then dot it with cream or butter. Serve hot with naan / roti / rice of your choice.
step by step aloo gobi recipe punjabi or aloo gobi masala curry recipe:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower (gobi)
- 3 medium sized potatoes (aloo)
- 400 gm ripe red tomatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder (or ½ tsp turmeric powder + ½ tsp red chilli powder + 1 tsp ginger paste + 1 tsp ground cumin)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), crushed or few coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- Black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Chop the cauliflower into 1 inch florets and rinse them well in water.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, green pepper and coriander leaves finely.
- Heat the coconut oil and cumin seeds in a large skillet over a medium heat until cumin swells.
- Stir the onions and green pepper and sauté for about 3 min.
- Spice up with the curry powder and garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the potatoes and garam masala. Saute till the garam masala become fragrant.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 7 min with occasional stirring.
- Add cauliflower and tomatoes. Stir well and season with salt.
- Cover and lower the heat and cook for about 10 min until the veggies turn soft.
- If the curry thickens or looks too dry then add a few tbsp of water and simmer for a minute or two.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or kasuri methi.
** Serve hot with naan / roti / rice of your choice.
Take a Look at Few More Insanely Delicious Side Dish Recipes:
You might also love to check these side dish recipes:- Gummadikaya koora recipe, Spring onion bottle gourd tangy gravy recipe, Shimla mirch ka salan recipe, Punjabi chole masala recipe and Aloo kurma recipe.