Quick chicken biryani made in pressure cooker is yummy and easy. In fact, chicken biryani in any form is finger licking, good for my son and me. So, I keep trying different versions of making chicken biryani but with this super easy and delicious chicken biryani, I feel like not trying any other method (at least for some time ;-)!
Chicken Biryani Magic Meal!
In short, this is not a magic or 2 minute Maggi meal but surely a super tasty and healthy chicken biryani to entertain everyone in a short notice without any waiting for.
Serve this cooker made quick chicken biryani steaming hot along with raitha and some salad.
Step by step quick chicken biryani recipe:
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Rice – 500 gms
- Oil / ghee – 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Raw coconut – 2 inch piece
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 5
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Anise flower – 1
- Shah jeera – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Sliced onions – 1 medium
- Finely chopped tomatoes (medium) - 2
- Slit Green chillies – 3
- Cubed carrots – 3
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour by adding salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Soak the rice for an hour.
- In the mean while, soak the poppy seeds in some water for 15 min.
- Grind these poppy seeds along with coconut, and other spices to a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker (preferably 5 lt capacity), heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add onions and green chillies. Fry till transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- To this, add the paste that we made out of spices and sauté.
- Add the carrots and the mint leaves also.
- Now, add the marinated chicken. Cook for 10 min while stirring intermittently.
- Cook till the gravy oozes out oil.
- Add water and boil. Take 1 ½ cup of water for 1 cup of rice.
- Add salt as per your taste and bring to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the rice.
- Let the rice and water boil together before closing the lid of the cooker.
- Check and adjust the seasoning.
- Close the lid.
- Cook for 2 whistles and turn off the flame. Let the cooker stay on the same burner till it cools down.
- Slowly mix the contents of a cooker and transfer to a serving bowl before serving.
** Quick chicken biryani can be cooked in the same procedure without cooker also.
Take a Look at Few More Insanely Delicious Chicken Recipes:
You might also love to check these chicken recipes:- Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe.