Vegetable grilled sandwich recipe is both healthy and kid-friendly that can be packed in lunch boxes or as an afterschool snack. It’s delicious and easy to cook.
Getting the children to finish the stuff in their lunch boxes is often a difficult task for mothers. I am no exception to this. Though the toughest task, I keep trying tasty substitutes also healthy and nutritious. I make sure my child’s meal contains all the essential nutrients.
Spread the Sandwich Love:
A fond lover of sandwiches, my son just gobbles this crunchy sandwich like anything in the world. A quick and easy sandwich recipe with all the goodness of vegetables is definitely worth the effort.
This crunchy, cheesy and healthy sandwich is the best go for the lunch boxes. But make sure you wrap them in a silver foil before you pack it in the boxes. Or else it can become too hard.
step by step mixed vegetable grilled sandwich recipe:
- Finely chopped Carrots – 4
- Finely chopped Onions (large) – 2
- Shredded Cabbage – 1 cup
- Chopped Beans – 10 -15
- Chopped Chillies – 5
- Cubed capsicum – 1
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Cheese cubes grated – 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Take oil in a pan. Add onions and chillies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and sauté for a minute.
- Now, add the beans and the capsicum and sauté for some more time.
- Add salt, tomato ketchup and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the flame and add the grated cheese and keep mixing until the cheese is melted.
- Take 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Butter them on one side and keep aside.
- Place one slice on a plate with the butter side up. Sprinkle little sugar or honey. On the top of it place the filling evenly.
- Above the filling sprinkle little sugar/ honey again.
- Take the other bread slice and place it on this filling with the butter side down.
- Place this sandwich in a preheated toaster for 10 – 15 till crispy.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 triangles and serve hot with ketchup or eat it as it is.
** You can try any vegetable of your choice to suit your taste buds.
*** If you are conscious about eating too much cheese you can reduce the quantity of cheese used. You can also try the sandwich without cheese too.
Take a Look at Few Healthy Afterschool Snack Recipes:
You might also love to check these yummy and nutritious after-school snack recipes:- Crispy Andhra Punugulu Recipe, Beetroot Patties Recipe, Bobbarla Punugulu Recipe, Vaamu Aaku Bajji, Classic Indian Onion Pakoras and Onion rings recipe.