Dosakaya chicken curry is a traditional recipe in every Andhra household. Those who want to eat non-veg on every alternate day can try this less spicy Indian chicken recipe.
Dosakaya Chicken Curry:
Who wouldn’t love chicken? Trying chicken in different forms is what I like to do. This is one of my favourite recipes!
Serve this dosakaya chicken curry with steaming hot rice and rasam.
step by step how to make dosakaya chicken curry recipe or dosakaya curry indian yellow cucumber curry:
- Peeled and chopped Sweet cucumber - 1 cup
- Finely chopped Onion - 1 cup
- Chicken - 250 gm
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped tomatoes - ½ cup
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Finely chopped coriander - 1 tbsp
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat oil.
- Add cumin and let them turn colour.
- Add finely chopped onion and cook till soft and transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw flavour is gone.
- Now add the sweet cucumber. Add salt and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes and cover with a lid.
- Wait till the sweet cucumber is half cooked.
- Now add chicken.
- The water oozes out from chicken and let the chicken get cooked in this water.
- Cook till the chicken becomes soft and tender and oil is separated from the gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
** Crushed dry fenugreek leaves can also be added instead of chopped coriander.