Homemade chilli chicken recipe is an easy healthy snack for kids and adults alike. Learn how to make chilli chicken dry recipe at home. Indo-Chinese chilli chicken you will ever taste. If you are a non veg lover, then this easy and quick chilli chicken recipe that you can live without.
Chilli Chicken – Dry & Spicy:
Chilli chicken is one of the several dishes that will be ordered in a small gathering. Deep fried chicken pieces tossed in few sausages give it the unique taste and flaour.
I always loved the spicy chilli chicken but used to hesitate as it contains lot of oil. So here is a simple non fried chilli chicken tossed in spicy sausage and has the same taste and flavour. An easy and tasty evening snack chilli chicken recipe for the kids to munch upon after they return from school.
Try this out!!!
step by step how to make chilli chicken or dry chilli chicken recipe:
- Boneless Chicken – 250 gms
- Slit Green chillies – 5
- Salt as per taste
- Bell pepper – 1 diced
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Sliced Onion (medium) – 1
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Take the chicken in a mixing bowl. To this add salt, pepper powder and corn flour. Mix well and keep aside for at least 30 min.
- In a pan, heat oil. Place these chicken pieces evenly without touching one another.
- On low flame, cook the chicken pieces. Keep tossing so that the oil is coated evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken till cooked. Do not cover with the lid. This will ooze water from the chicken and we don’t want water in our chicken.
- Once cooked and fried properly, transfer the chicken pieces into a separate bowl. Do not transfer to a kitchen tissue as we generally do. We need that extra oil that is covered to the chicken pieces.
- On a medium high flame and in the same oil, add finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir well till the raw flavour is gone.
- Add onions, green chillies, and toss till cooked.
- Now add the bell pepper and keep tossing.
- Add the vinegar, soya sauce and 2 tbsp of water.
- Also add salt that would be required by the sauce. Remember that we already added salt in the chicken.
- Now add the chicken pieces and toss well till the chicken pieces are covered with the sauce.
- Add the spring onion and the finely chopped coriander and toss well.
- Serve hot with lemon and sliced onion.
** You can also add 2 tbsp of finely chopped spring onion. Spring onion enhances the taste of the dish. I did not use it as it is not available with me when making the dish.