Bread omelette, the tasty Indian snack is a dish that no one can resist eating. With different methods of making, bread omelette has its own place in Indian street food.
Imagine munching upon a steaming hot slice of bread omelette on a winter morning. Mouth watering right? That’s magic this particular dish can have on you…! It’s not just healthy breakfast but infact a full meal for itself.
Here I have a tasty addition to the list of recipes that you have for bread omelette. Try it out and let me know your feedback.
Bread omelette an easy to cook and serve breakfast recipe. It is the best lunch box recipe for your kids to munch on in the break. Serve this bread omelette hot with some sliced onion and some ketchup.
step by step bread omelette recipe or bread omelette street food:
- Bread slices - 2
- Eggs - 3
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Onions - 1
- Finely chopped green chillies - 1
- Cut the bread slices into either 4 triangles or 4 squares.
- Place these bread slices in a frying pan. Add very little salt and some red chilli powder. Toss them up and down so that the slices are covered with salt and red chilli powder.
- Turn on the flame. Add one tsp of butter and keep tossing.
- Let the bread slices get slightly roasted on the other side.
- In a mixing bowl, take finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Add some salt
- Add the eggs to this.
- Beat well till frothy.
- Now pour this mixture on to the roasted bread slices evenly so that all the slices are coated with the mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of oil around this.
- Flip the bread omelette to the other side after 1 min of cooking.
- Cook the other side also well. Add some more oil if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
** You can replace the chilli powder with paprika.