This spicy and hot simple chicken curry recipe is my favorite. Though there are many variations, I’ve always been a big fan of Andhra chicken curry Indian style. కోడి కూర also known as kodi kura iguru.
I know how difficult it is to start cooking with no exposure at all to the kitchen stuff. For example, in my case, I hardly used to bother what my mom used to cook in the kitchen. I neither used to assist her nor used to peek into the kitchen. My mother too never forced me to help her with strenuous day.
Having realized how tough it is to get through all the daily chores, I really feel sorry for my mom. I could understand how much she would have suffered without any help in the kitchen.
Simple Chicken Curry Recipe – Quick & Easy:
Chicken curry is my favourite and I learnt this simple curry without much preparation from my mom, before my wedding. It was so easy that whenever I have guests at home, this is what I used to cook. I became an expert in cooking this chicken curry that I used to worry if any vegetarians turn up for dinner. I was not at all good at cooking special vegetarian recipes. Such was my situation!
Quick and easy in cooking still rich and meaty, this simple chicken curry recipe is definitely going to win you applauds.
Cooking chicken curry is so simple with minimal ingredients and less preparation. Relish this hot and spicy chicken curry with any pulao, plain rice or roti.
Now, whenever you feel like eating chicken curry, try this simple chicken curry recipe and savour the delicious chicken pieces in masala gravy.
step by step simple Andhra chicken curry recipe Indian style:
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Long slit green chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Chopped onions – 3 medium
- Beaten curd – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Wash the chicken thoroughly. To avoid the raw smell of the chicken during cooking, rinse the chicken with white vinegar / or lemon juice. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Take a deep pan. Heat the oil and add onions, green chillies and sauté till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the chicken, salt and cook for 10 min with the lid closed.
- You can see that a lot of water comes out from the chicken. The chicken gets cooked in this water and becomes soft. Wait till most of the water gets absorbed into the gravy. Now add the chilli powder, curd and mix well.
- Test for the softness of the chicken while trying to mash a small piece. If the piece is not mashed, then it needs to be cooked for some more time. Add 1 cup of water and cook on a low flame for some more time.
- When the oil from the gravy floats on the top, add garam masala, curry leaves and mix well. Let it stay for a minute and garnish with coriander.
** Addition of curry leaves in the end, gives a nice flavour to the curry.
Take a Look at Few More Insanely Delicious Chicken Recipes:
You might also love to check these chicken recipes:- Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani recipe.