Sri rama navami special recipe. In other words, vadapappu panagam or panakam recipe (వడపప్పు పానకం in telugu) aka simply ram navami panakam recipe. Discover how to prepare panakam and and vada pappu for sri rama navami in less than 15 minutes.
Panakam is a drink offered to Lord Rama as naivedyam on the auspicious day of Sri Rama Navami. I feel as Rama Navami falls in the month of April, panakam is an energy drink offered to quench the thirst of devotees who attend the kalyanam in the scorching sun of April. This drink has many health benefits with jaggery, pepper and elaichi in it.
Panakam is made of jaggery and seasoned with pepper and cardamom.
Sri Rama Navami Panakam Recipe:
Cuisine: Indian Sweet Drink
Prep Time: | Serves: 2
What You Need for Panakam Recipe (Sri Rama Navami Special Sweet Drink)?
- Crushed jaggery – 3tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – pinch
How To Make Sri Rama Navami Special Sweet Drink Panakam?
- In a half cup of water, dissolve the jaggery. Mix it well till it dissolves completely.
- Take a pitcher and add water to it. Strain the dissolved jaggery for any impurities and add to the pitcher.
- Also add pepper powder and cardamom powder and keep it in the fridge to cool.
Serve this panakam ( పానకం) chilled alongside vadapappu and kobbari (coconut) to enjoy the taste.
- The taste of this drink lies in the addition of pepper. Be cautious about adding more pepper powder as it will be too spicy.
- Jaggery always has some impurities like hay and little soil, straining the jaggery syrup is a must.
- Ice cubes can also be added if you don’t find enough time to chill it in the fridge.
- Split or slightly crushed cardamom can also be added instead of cardamom powder to enhance the look of the drink.
Vadapappu for Sri Rama Navami:
Vada pappu (వడపప్పు) is the soaked green gram offered to Lord Rama as prasadam on the auspicious day of Sri Rama Navami.
Soak pesarappu or shelled green gram for an hour completely immersed in water. Strain water and wash it twice and wrap in a cloth to absorb excess water. Serve this alongside panakam as prasadam on this day of Sri Rama Navami.