Simple prawns fry recipe …. sounds simple, right? Of course yes! Easy to learn, simple to cook, as my tagline stands; this is one of those simplest recipes that I suggest for beginners.
Easy Prawns Fry Recipe
Though the cleaning of prawns is little tricky, this simple prawns fry recipe (రొయ్యల వేపుడు) is definitely ready with just a snap of fingers. Stock up the prepared prawns in your refrigerator and within no time you have this simple prawns fry for snack or for dinner.
Relish this yummy and simple prawns fry recipe sprinkled with little lemon juice and onion. It is also served alongside steamed rice and sambar or any type of flavoured rice.
Try this recipe out and let me know your feedback for the recipe!!!
step wise prawns fry recipe Andhra style or royyala vepudu recipe:
- Prawns – 500 gm
- Onion (big) – 1
- Green chillies – 2
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Shell and devein the prawns. Wash them thoroughly till you get clear water. Drain the water and keep aside. While washing for the last time, my mother mixes some salt and turmeric and washes it off. She says any raw smell will be gone if done so.
- To the cleaned prawns, add salt, turmeric and cook in a thick bottomed vessel. We don’t add oil.
- The prawns ooze out lot of water, while cooking. Cook on a low flame till the water is evaporated. Let them cool.
- Store these prawns in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7- 10 days and use whenever needed. You can also store them in the freezer. I generally have my prawns ready in the refrigerator for this prawns fry recipe.
- In a thick bottomed pan heat oil.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves and turmeric one after another. Fry till golden brown. Add salt needed for the onions and not the whole prawns fry recipe. Remember, we have added salt while preparing the prawns.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste and sauté well till the raw flavour is gone.
- Add red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the prepared prawns and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium low flame for 10 mins.
- Toss the prawns intermittently and fry till brown.
- Add garam masala and mix well. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot with lemon and onions.
** You can substitute garam masala with pepper powder for a different taste. It also tastes awesome.