Fish fry recipe step by step instructions to make simple fish fry in Indian style. There’s nothing better than fish fry (చేపల వేపుడు in telugu) and my son likes it a lot.
It’s Healthy to Eat Fish:
Fish being very rich in omega 3 fatty acids has its own importance in sea foods. May it be sea fish or river fish, fish always tastes the best when fresh. Rich in protein, fish is a very healthy food less in fats and serves the best for heart patients.
This simple fish fry recipe is easy to make and tastes great.
step by step easy fish fry recipe:
- Fish – 8 pieces
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – a pinch of each piece
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Wash the fish thoroughly with water. Add salt and turmeric and mix well and toss well. Wash again, drain water and set aside.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well till all the sides of the fish are covered well with the added masala. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and heat oil. Once the oil is hot enough, drop in the fish pieces one by one. Make sure that there is enough space in the pan to turn the pieces.
- On a medium flame fry till brown on one side. Sprinkle a pinch of garam masala on the top of the piece and then turn to another side carefully with a spatula. Sprinkle garam masala on the other side too.
- Fry it till brown on the other side too and place on a tissue to absorb excess oil.
- Do this for all pieces and place them in a dish and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with sliced onion and lemon to enjoy the taste to the fullest.
** Marinating the fish atleast for an hour is mandatory for the ingredients to seep into the flesh of the fish.
*** If you feel the raw smell of the fish is still there, then wash it with white vinegar.