Mulakkada masala curry (ములక్కాడ మసాలా) is a simple Andhra recipe. Learn how to make Andhra drumstick masala curry.
Mulakkada is a yummy and juicy vegetable without which any sambar is incomplete. It is one of my favourite vegetables and I remember fighting with my sister for drumsticks in sambar. It is not just a vegetable that you add to your sambar to make it more tasty or colourful. It is a powerhouse of nutrients too.
Drumstick – The Powerhouse of Minerals:
Drum stick is high in vitamin C and is also a good source of dietary fibre, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and manganese. It contains good amounts of vital B-complex vitamins like folates, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamine (vitamin B-1), riboflavin, pantothenic acid, niacin and oleic acid.
Drumstick / mulakkada masala recipe is a heartthrob and will be cooked often in your kitchen once you taste this curry.
step by step mulakkada masala curry or drumstick masala curry recipe:
- Drumsticks – 2
- Finely chopped onions – 2 medium
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Chillies – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Curd – ½ cup
- Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add onions and green chillies and cook till light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavour is gone.
- Add the drum sticks and cook for a minute. Now add tomato puree and curd. Add little salt and cook on a low flame till oil separates.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well. Cook for a min. Then add garam masala. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
** The main ingredient of this recipe is curd and should be used to get the required taste. So make sure you have enough curd before you start the recipe.
*** Selecting the correct drumsticks for this mulakkada masala recipe is important, neither too tender nor too hard.