Tomato peas pulao tickles your taste buds like anything. Learn how to make mutter enriched tomato rice recipe. It’s an easy lunch box recipe for kids and adults alike.
Tomato Peas Pulao – Tasty & Colorful:
Tomato rice is a main course dish which is colorful, tangy, yet delectable and tickles your taste buds. Basically, tomato rice is cooked plain without any other vegetable. But I prefer adding peas as the kids would love it and colour of the green peas adds up to the texture of the tomato pulao. Try it out.
Tomato Peas Pulao generally doesn’t need any side dish. But, if you insist you have one, you can always serve it hot with onion raitha or any other side dish that you would like. Moreover, this can be an easy lunch box recipe to pack for your kids.
step by step tomato peas pulao recipe or tomato rice south Indian style:
- Finely chopped tomatoes - 3 large
- Raw rice, washed and soaked - 2 cups
- Water - 3 ½ cups
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Mutter - 1 cup
- Bay leaf - 1
- Shahjeera - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 5
- Green cardamom - 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch long
- Sliced onions – 2
- Sliced green chillies – 3
- Coriander – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pressure handi (or a pressure cooker will also do). Add the spices and stir. Add the onions and green chillies and sauté.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add the ginger garlic paste and mix. Add tomatoes as well.
- Add the red chilli powder and turmeric and cook till the oil comes out. Now add the mutter and water, then simmer. Once the water comes to boil add the rice, salt and the coriander.
- Close the lid and pressure cook.