Stir fried french beans with toasted sesame is perfect for everyday meals. It just takes 15 minutes to prep and cook. Learn how to make stir-fried french beans to taste awesome.
Stir fries have been my favourite since my childhood. I was so fond of them that my mum always used to cook them. As a child, I was very choosy and fussy eater. There are few veggies which I used to avoid and fuss about. French beans were one of them.
Falling in Love for Homemade Food:
My mother used to try this vegetable in different combinations to make me and my sister eat this veggie. But later when moved to a hostel for my graduation, I used to miss my family and homemade food. It was during my vacations, that I came to know how tasty my mum used to cook. That is when I started eating almost everything my mum cooked.
Though not my favourite, I now don’t have any inhibitions eating french beans. But my son is reluctant to eat any kind of beans. I have been trying different recipes to add this vegetable to his food.
French beans contain phosphorus, vitamins A, B, D and iron. Rich in protein, carbohydrate and fibre, this veggie is definitely a healthy addition to our diet.
How to Make Stir Fried French Beans with Toasted Sesame:
I cook this delicious french beans stir fry as it is my husband’s favourite.
This is a quick fry and doesn’t take much time as the beans are already cooked. Serve hot as a side dish with any dal, rasam or sambar.
step by step stir-fried french beans recipe with toasted sesame:
- Chopped Beans of 1-inch size – 2 cups
- Salt – as per taste
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Boil the beans, strain and keep aside.
- Take oil in a thick bottomed pan and heat. Once the oil reaches the desired temperature add the boiled beans and sauté for a min. The flame should be on medium high.
- Keep the flame on low and add turmeric, salt and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes with closed lid. This helps the beans absorb the salt.
- Now add chilli powder and mix well. Keep the flame on medium-high and toss them. Avoid using spatula and tossing will evenly cook and cover the beans with all the ingredients added.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds on top. Toss once more and transfer the contents to a serving bowl.
** You can keep the roasted sesame seeds handy as they have longer shelf life than the fresh ones. Roast the sesame seeds on a low flame with continuous tossing until nice aroma. Let them cool and store in an airtight container. This can be used instantly in any preparations.