Radish stir fry recipe Indian style. Radish is generally used in salads, paranthas, sambar. Apart from using it in salads and paranthas, it can also be used for stir frying.
Radish – Healthy & Yummy!
Radishes are a powerhouse of nutrients. You can eat both roots and greens. Also known as mooli or mullangi, Radish is rich in Vitamin C, Potassium and Calcium, fibre and low in glycemic index. It is for this reason, Radish is known to lower cancer risk, regulate blood pressure and good for asthma and diabetic patients.
Radish Stir Fry Indian – Mooli Stir Fry Recipe:
This crunchy, spicy and healthy radish stir fry pairs the best with jowar rotis. Oh! This radish stir fry can also be served alongside rice as an accompaniment to sambar or any dal or rotis.
Here is a quick radish stir fry recipe that gets ready in minutes:
- Radish – 1
- Carom seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric- ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Slice the radish horizontally into thin slices which are circular in shape. You can then cut them into half to make semicircular slices of radish.
- In a pan, heat mustard oil.
- Add mustard seeds, carom seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter. Turn off the flame.
- To this, add turmeric and asafoetida and stir well.
- Add salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and mix well with a spatula.
- Now turn on the flame and just let this heat up again.
- We turned off the flame so as not to burn the ingredients.
- Add the sliced radish to this and toss it well.
- Keep tossing until all the radish slices are covered with the masala.
- On a low flame cook with the lid closed for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle one tsp of water and toss. This is to prevent the burning of the pan at the bottom.
- Cook for 2 more min with occasional tossing.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and turn off the flame.
** Toss till all the radish slices are covered well with the spices.