Pesara Garelu (పెసర గారెలు) is one of my favourite easy to make recipes. It’s yummy, crispy and highly nutritious snack. I’m pretty sure that this pesara garelu recipe will not let you down. It makes you ever ready for unexpected guests in no time.
Pesalu or green gram or Moong Dal… Call it by any name but the nutrients remain the same. Bunch of nutrients rich in protein and fibre Moong Dal is a packed bunch of nutrients and is energy filled food.
Pesara Garelu Recipe – Make Crispy Moong Dal Vada
Pesara Garelu taste the best when accompanied with freshly ground ginger chutney and coconut chutney. My child loves to dip these Pesara garelu in the tomato ketchup and take a crunchy bite. Of course, I discourage the use of tomato ketchup as it contains preservatives.
Step wise pesara garelu recipe:
- Pesalu - 1 cup
- Green chillies - 4
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Onion big - 1
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the Green Gram overnight. Wash well and check for stones, dust or dirt before soaking.
- Grind to a coarse paste along with ginger and green chillies.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel for deep frying.
- Using a polythene cover or your palm, spread little amount of batter and make a hole in between.
- Drop it into the hot oil. The oil should be very hot and the Pesara Gare that you add should rise immediately.
- Fry till golden brown and transfer on to a kitchen tissue.
** It is better to grind the batter just before cooking as green gram will get fermented very easily and will not give the correct taste.
*** Jeera, coriander and chopped green chillies to the batter to enhance the taste of these pesara garelu.