Karapusa recipe is a very common snack. Quick and easy to prepare at home. This besan sev recipe is a great tea time eat. Sanna karapusa recipe Andhra with besan and rice flour.
Karapusa – Crispy & Crunchy Snack:
Karapusa is the South Indian sev which is made using a chakri maker called chakrala giddelu in Telugu.
A very yummy pastime snack, karapusa a.k.a sev is mostly used in most of the street foods. Chaat without sev doesn’t have that crunchy feel while crushing made in different variations this karapusa.
Karapusa Recipe – Tingle your Taste Buds:
You can make different variations of karapusa as per your taste buds. Some like spicy … non-spicy while others like to have thinner aka sanna karapusa … slightly thick sev variation. Whatever may be the variation, karapusa aka sev is the most preferred homemade chaat aka snack.
Karapusa is pastime snack. An evening tea tastes great after munching on a few karapusa. Kids love this karapusa for their crunchy taste and would like to munch any time.
step by step karapusa or besan sev recipe:
- Besan - 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
- Butter or ghee – ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve besan and rice flour together in a mixing bowl. Add salt, carom seeds, red chilli powder and butter to it and mix well.
- Slowly add some water and mix it to make thick dough.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Place a thick bottomed pan on the flame and add oil to it.
- Take a sev maker and stuff it with the dough. Slowly press the karapusa into the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
- Take on to a kitchen towel to blot the extra oil.
- Store in an airtight jar after cooling.
** Choosing the proper sev maker aka karapusa maker is important. Otherwise it becomes a havoc making karapusa.
Take a Look at Few Healthy Afterschool Snack Recipes:
You might also love to check these yummy and nutritious after-school snack recipes:- Onion Rings Recipe, Crispy Andhra Punugulu Recipe, Beetroot Patties Recipe, Bobbarla Punugulu Recipe, Vaamu Aaku Bajji, Classic Indian Onion Pakoras and Mixed Vegetable Grilled Sandwich Recipe.