Learn how to make paneer at home. It’s extremely easy and can be made within 30 minutes. Homemade paneer is always better – fresh and soft. Moreover, it’s simple and requires only 2 ingredients to make homemade paneer.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese is a vegetarian delight and widely used ingredient in Indian cuisine. Cooked in spices and gravy, paneer is a delicious addition to any recipe.
My Kitchen Experiments On Indian Paneer Recipes:
In my college days, I used to experiment with a lot of recipes to satisfy my taste buds with self-cooked food. Out of those, recipes involving paneer used to be my priority. I used to buy paneer from outside. But the recipe never used to turn out the way I wanted. The paneer used to become soggy and hard to eat.
How to Make Paneer at Home?
Later, I learnt to make paneer at home which I felt was much easier than going out at odd hours to buy paneer. Eventually, the taste of the food used to be lip smacking and yummy.
Homemade paneer is always better, healthy and is simple to make at home. With minimal resources and a little time, you can make the softest and tastiest paneer at home. Want to try it?
Be it palak paneer or mutter paneer, I personally prefer to use fresh homemade paneer as it hardly takes 10 mins to make it. Trust me; you’ll never go back to store to purchase Indian cottage cheese.
step wise instructions on how to make paneer recipe at home:
- Milk – 2 litres
- Lemon juice – 1 cup
- Cheese cloth
- Take milk in a container. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and add the lemon juice while stirring the milk. The milk will get curdled and let the whey get separated from the curds. If the milk is not curdled add some more lemon juice.
- While still hot, drain the contents in a cheese cloth and put some weight on the top.
- Once the cheese is pressed you can either use it then and there or store it for a later purpose.
- If you want to store it, immerse it in cold water and put it in the refrigerator. Make sure to change the water every 2 days.