Learn easy to bake chocolate cake recipe from scratch. The best lip-smacking moist chocolate cake recipe ever. Step by step instructions of easy sponge chocolate cake recipe.
Cakes are my favourite since childhood. Chocolate cake is one of those cravings that I have often. So I generally keep all the ingredients handy and I bake whenever I feel like eating. All the ingredients are almost present in every household except cocoa powder. I keep this handy though. Many think that baking a cake is a tedious process and it requires a lot of preparation time and beating is one of them.
How To Bake an Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe From Scratch?
I remember my mother beating the cake mixture well before baking and she used to spend considerable time for beating. Yes! It is an important step, but there are many other things to keep in mind while baking a cake. Even the composition of ingredients matters! So, it is not only the beating but many things put together to get a delectable and incredibly perfect chocolate cake.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Ready to throng upon, the delicious chocolate cake is ready! Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container. This could be stored for 3 days and if you are still left (I bet you won’t) with some more, move the container to the fridge and warm it for 10 sec before serving.
The potential flavor combinations of cake recipes are endless and thus I want to put my own spin on them. Here’s my last featured post on Strawberry Cake Recipe.
step by step easy chocolate cake recipe from scratch:
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- Oil/ butter – 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder together and keep aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 before baking.
- Take eggs in a large bowl and beat well till frothy. Take an electric mixer/ hand blender/ egg whisk whichever is available and comfortable for you. Keep the speed of the blender at medium and beat well scraping down the sides occasionally. Beating the eggs well is a crucial step in the cake preparation. Beat for about 5 - 7 min.
- Now add the powdered sugar slowly to the above mixture spoon by spoon while beating continuously till a creamy froth is formed. This will take about 5 min.
- Now turn the electric mixer’s speed to low, add the flour mixture slowly while beating to avoid lumps. Add a spoonful at a time. Beat for 5 min more.
- Add butter/ vegetable oil slowly. Keep beating while scraping down for some time intermittently. Beat well at least for 5 – 10 min until the mixture turns fluffy with frothy.
- Grease the cake pan with butter or vegetable oil. Transfer the cake batter to the pan. Gently tap the pan to let some trapped air to come out.
- Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for 45 min.
- A simple test to check whether the cake is baked completely or not is to insert a toothpick in the centre. The toothpick should come out clean without any batter sticking to it.
- If the toothpick comes out with the batter sticking to it, you have it bake the cake for some more time probably 5 – 10 min more. Generally, this cake is done within 45 min.
- Take the cake out of the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Take a knife and run it between the edges of the pan and the cake slowly.
- Now take a plate on which you want to unmould the cake. Invert it on the top of the pan.
- Turn the pan over with the plate on the platform. Slowly lift the pan and keep aside.
- Cut the cake into desired shape and serve.
** Preheating the oven is a must. If you start baking the cake without preheating, the mixture lies in the oven while it is heating up. The cake will not turn well this way.
*** All the ingredients should be brought to room temperature before starting.
**** Unmoulding the cake is an important step of baking a cake though it is the last step. Letting it cool will get the cake out undisturbed.