Coconut chutney is a common and easy recipe that goes extremely well with any breakfast item. Though it has got many variations in its preparation, coconut chutney is an integral part of south Indian breakfast.
Yummy Coconut Chutney
I usually pair this simple coconut chutney with idli and dosa. My son likes it with uttapam and vada. To be frank, my mom’s coconut chutney aka కొబ్బరి పచ్చడి (kobbari pachadi) is the best coconut chutney I have ever eaten till date! So tasty and yummy! The taste is just perfect and same anytime I eat it!
Nariyal ki chutney (नारियल की चटनी) tastes the best with hot rice and little ghee. Idli and dosa, when served with this coconut chutney and sambar, will become the best food of the day.
Step by step coconut chutney recipe or kobbari pachadi preparation:
Here’s the step by step procedure to make delicious kobbari pachadi recipe:
- Coconut – ½ shell
- Chillies - 6
- Garlic pods - 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Tamarind – 2- 3 pods
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Red chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Chop the coconut and keep aside.
- Shallow fry the green chillies.
- In a blender, take chopped coconut, green chillies, garlic pods, tamarind, cumin and salt.
- Blend to a coarse paste by adding little water.
- Temper this chutney with red chillies, mustard, cumin and curry leaves. Serve this yummy cococnut chutney with idli, dosa, vada, uthappam and the list goes on!!!
** Prefer the mature coconut for this chutney instead of the tender one.
*** Do not add too much water for blending. It should look like a coarse paste.