Capsicum stir fry recipe. This stir fry is fast, easy and delicious. It is full of healthy ingredients. Learn how to make seriously good capsicum stir fry. I can’t wait to make it…
Capsicum Stir Fry – Eat Smart Recipe!
Capsicum stir fry is a simple stir fry that I tasted at my friend Sudha’s house. It was so simple and the flavour was mouth-watering that I couldn’t wait for the dinner to be served. I just loved it and tried it the next day in my kitchen. It turned out equally good and yummy. It has now everyone’s favourite in our house too.
I generally cook capsicum in gravy and also use it abundantly for pulao and other dishes. This is the first time that I tried capsicum in a different recipe.
Thank you Sudha for this lovely recipe!
Easy to make capsicum stir fry recipe:
Serve this capsicum stir fry with steaming hot rice along with sambar, rasam or any dal. It tastes good along with phulkas too! So here is the recipe for you!!!!
- 3 Medium sized capsicums
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add capsicum and mix well. Cook till for 5 min. Now add turmeric, salt and mix. Cook for 5 min more.
- Coarsely powder the roasted peanuts and sesame seeds and keep aside.
- Once you feel the capsicum is completely cooked, add red chilli powder and the coarsely ground peanut and sesame seed powder.
- Mix well. Keep tossing till the capsicum is covered with the powder. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and turn off the flame.
** Blend the groundnuts coarsely. It gives a crunchy taste in between.